Thursday 3 September 2009

Notting Hill Carnival



So I went along on Sunday. By myself.

Walking up from Holland Park Road in the direction of Portobello (and, to be honest, feeling a teeny weeny bit sorry for myself since everywhere I looked  people seemed to be holding hands/snogging/staring into someone else's eyes) I noticed two tall, very fit (in the 21st century sense of the word) young guys walking towards me. In a straight line ie. they were clearly sober, which is a very important point.

As they drew closer, the taller, fitter, more handsome one (yes, really) caught my eye, smiled broadly and shouted - yes, shouted!! - at me!! - from right across the road!! - in a really cheerful, friendly, non-creepy kind of way:

'Hello, sexy older woman!'

I felt ridiculously chuffed. I smiled back at him and (in a fit of carnival-induced bonhomie) I blew him a kiss. He smiled and blew it right back. And I thought, 'I bet he's got a really nice mum. '





7 comments:

  1. Great to have an ego boost! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun! You're a Yummy Mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And didn't you turn to look at it as he walked past? (Oh, you said mum... sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! How fantastic! Nice to have a reminder that your feminine wiles and sexy ways are still recognised by the male species!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An ego boost indeed, Chic Mama. Though am not sure I qualify as a yummy mummy, Shiny (well, not up close, anyway. Am def. best viewed from the other side of the street, if the truth be told).

    The Dott, you really made me laugh! I had a very good look actually, front & back, top to bottom!

    Thanks for your comment Nic and yes, SOOOO very nice to be noticed ... even if it's by a boy (probably) on a post GCSE bender!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe your first thought was about his mum!!!!

    We so need to experience that sometimes, don't you think?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! And well done for getting out and about, they do say you meet interesting people that way!

    ReplyDelete