And now I have to write seven things about myself, following the receipt, earlier today, of a lovely award from the kind (but perhaps not terribly discerning) Looking Fab in your Forties. Many thanks, Fab. You have made me (needy, with obvious self-esteem issues) terribly, terribly happy.
So here they are, seven facts, in no particular order and very much in a 'stream-of-consciousness' kind of way (before I head for bed. Am planning an early night in preparation for tomorrow's nightmarish experience in Swinley Forest):
1. My mum died almost 10 years ago. I still miss absolutely everything about her.
2. My one and only party trick: I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue (and no, I don't have an especially large nose...)
3. Spitalfields Market/Brick Lane is (currently) my most favourite part of London.
4. I had lunch just off Coldharbour Lane yesterday with an old colleague. On the way there, I sneaked past Brixton Man's house and saw his motorbike parked outside. (I have not seen/heard from him since June, when I told him that I no longer wanted to see him/hear from him again). I felt a bit weird and panicky.
5. I was at University in Cape Town. I did a degree in English & Psychology. I can't remember a single thing.
6. I think - after years of reflection (and a not inconsiderable amount of post-divorce therapy) that I (partly) married Ex-Husband because I didn't have the courage to call it off....
7. My electrical appliances have it in for me. A month ago, my washing machine packed up. Last week my dishwasher door snapped its hinges. This morning, my hairdryer stopped working. What's next, I wonder?
By the way, I just have to say: my lunch was absolutely awesome (the food, not the company so much) which is why I'm posting a link here to a review of the restaurant, in case you should find yourself in Brixton and in urgent need of a pizza.
4 years ago