Friday 10 July 2009

Things could be worse


Head lice are one thing. Pubic lice are another. A whole different kettle of fish, as my Granny M. used to say. As I've been doing battle all week with Youngest Daughter's head lice, I've consoled myself with the thought that pubic lice are waaaaaaaaay scarier looking and (apparently) much harder to shift. I know this because I've made it my business to find out as much as I can about human parasites in general (as Chandler from 'Friends' would say, 'Could my life be any more exciting?') and yes, pubic lice are much, much worse. They make head lice look positively friendly (see above vs below). Pubic lice are the Schwarzeneggers of the parasitic world.
If you're ever unlucky enough to become host to these little nasties, informed advice is as follows: 'Apply insecticide to the WHOLE BODY (including the eyebrows, if recently engaged in oral sex) but be careful to avoid the eyes. Two full-body applications, seven days apart, repeated again after two weeks should do the trick.'
So that's alright then.

No comments:

Post a Comment